Match Report
Nottingham High School 1st XV vs  Worksop College
On: Saturday, 09 Oct 2004
Venue: at Home

Match Report

Nottingham High School Versus Worksop College

After losing against Hymers the previous week, the team saw the fixture against Worksop as a must win game. The match got under away at 2.30 with High School receiving the kick off. High School made a good start to the half with the forwards taking the ball up the pitch, going through several phases and successfully retaining the ball. Within ten minutes, from a 5 metre scrum on the right hand side of the field, Max Hallam found space on the short side of the scrum and was able to score. High School took an early lead, but this didn't last long as Worksop was awarded a penalty resulting from an attacking scrum in our 10 metre line, which they successfully took. Worksop began to exert pressure on High School as they pressed back into our own half. However, we were able to relieve this pressure as Hallam scored his second try, finding space around the ruck area, being able to pick up and go, scoring under the posts. For the next period of 10 minutes, High School dominated Worksop as we held more possession than the opposition. Good forward work on the right took us into the Worksop 5 metre for a line out enabled Collingham to score out to score our third try of the match. Dan Jones was also among the try scores as we continued to pressure Worksop. Good passing along the line from right to left enabled Dan to score comfortably steeping inside two players. Twomey had an excellent run mid way through the first half, covering some 50 metres before being stopped.

Worksop didn't give up as they kept on competing and managed to get themselves back into the match with a try of their own. Their forward work sucked in our defence, which was then left exposed as they moved the ball wide having a considerable overlap that they did not waste, as their winger scored in the corner.

The beginning of the second half saw High School get another early score with Max Hallam scoring his third try of the match on the left hand side of the pitch after picking up from a scrum 15 metres out. For large amounts of the second half, both teams were at a stalemate as neither was able to score. However, it was Worksop who were able to break the deadlock with a try following a penalty move where their runner broke our line untouched. There was a sense of emergency about the team, but we were able to recover our composure as we pushed Worksop back into their own half. From a High School scrum 20 metres from the opposition line on the left hand side, Nembhard was able to score under the posts following a well-executed backs move. High School closed the game on a high as Nembhard acquired his second try as Hallam went the blind side from a scrum, ruuning along the flank and gave a pass back inside to Nembhard to score. The game ended with High School winning 44-17 a vast improvement from last week.