Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the services provided by Schools' Sports Limited (SSL), a Limited Company registered in England and Wales
under Registration Number 5685417 and to this website, SchoolsSports.com, and the associated websites shown below:
- FixturesPRO dedicated sports website and content management system (as configured for individual schools)
- Schools Website Hosting and Design - Schoolswww.com
- Business Website Hosting and Design - SSNetSys.com
- The Schools' Sports Website - SchoolsSports.com
- The Schools' Rugby Website - SchoolsRugby.co.uk
- The Schools' Football Website - SchoolsFootball.co.uk
- The Schools' Hockey Website - SchoolsHockey.co.uk
- The Schools' Netball Website - SchoolsNetball.co.uk
- The Schools' Cricket Website - SchoolsCricket.co.uk
- The Schools' Rounders Website - SchoolsRounders.com
- Any school website or FixturesPRO sports website hosted on SSL's servers
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Together with SSL's
relation to this website, the associated websites and the services provided by SSL. In the event of any queries arising
please contact SSL. Contact and address details can be found
You should check from time to time to review these terms and conditions to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Using or accessing this website, the associated websites and the services provided by SSL indicates your acceptance of
these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions please do not continue to use this website, the
associated websites or the services provided by SSL.
- Your use of this website, associated websites or services and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to the laws of
England and Wales.
- This website, associated websites and services provided by SSL are made available for public viewing on the basis
that SSL excludes to the fullest exent lawfully permitted all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising
out of the use of this website, associated websites and services or reliance upon the content provided by SSL or schools using FixturesPRO.
SSL does not exclude SSL's liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from SSL's negligence, for fraud
or for any matter which it would be illegal to exclude or to attempt to exclude.
- People whose contact details are included on this website are either employees of SSL or an
associated undertaking or have been listed as contacts for sport by FixturesPRO users.
- SSL reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of any website or service at any time.
- SSL supports and expects all users of its websites and services to adhere to the guidelines as set out by
the Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU).
For more information visit the CPSU website at http://www.thecpsu.org.uk/.
- The content and design of SSL's services and websites are subject to copyright owned by SSL or used under license
from third party copyright owners. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the
Full Copyright Notice below.
The Full Copyright Notice forms part of these terms and conditions.
- This Website contains general information and does not constitute advice on any
specific sporting matter. Whilst SSL makes every effort to ensure that the content is accurate and up-to-date,
nothing should be construed as advice. By using this website, associated websites or services you confirm that you have not relied
on any such content. If you require advice on any specific sporting problem or matter, please contact in the first instance the
relevant National Governing Body for the sport in question. Alternatively SSL will try to assist.
Contact details for SSL can be found here.
- Featured Schools. This is a montly, quarterly or annual fee subscription service.
Featured Schools will be contacted to confirm continuation, normally the week before the next renewal date.
- Supplier Advertising. This is a monthly, quarterly or annual fee subscription service.
Suppliers will be contacted to confirm continuation, normally the week before the next renewal date.
- Sports Website Customization. Schools using SSL's sports website customization service give SSL express permission to fully utilize the
School's crest, brand, image and overall design layout of the School's existing website.
- Use of SSL's Logo. All SSL's sports websites display the Grey Whistle image with a link to the SchoolsSports.com home page. All SSL's customized sports websites display the Gold Whistle image, with a link to the SchoolsSports.com home page.
These images and links are integral to SSL's system and cannot be removed.
- Footer Text and Links. The following text appears in the footer of every school sports website, whether it has been customized or not. The footer text reads: "Sports Website powered by FixturesPRO from SchoolsSports.com".
This text and links are integral to SSL's system and cannot be removed. Footer text will be styled appropriately for schools using SSL's sports website customization service.
- Copyright. Schools must not submit to SSL, either via the FixturePRO content management system or as part of SSL's sports website customization service, any material, such as designs, artwork, video, photographs or other media that is copyrighted,
protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the school is the owner of such rights or has acquired the permission
from their rightful owner.
- Domain Name Registration.SSL will register a sport website domain name, on behalf of a School. If a school wants to create a sub domain from an existing domain, SSL will provide the necessary
- Invoicing and Sports Website Customization. At the commencement of the work required to customize a Sports Website, the School
agrees to pay SSL for any work undertaken. In the unlikely event that SSL has carried out the customization work and the School decides not to proceed then payment
for the work and time expended is required in full immediately. If no work has been carried out and the School decides not to proceed, then SSL will not pursue payment.
An invoice for the customization setup work is normally sent on or within a day or two of the school receiving the link to review their
sports website, with payment terms set to "On Receipt". At this point in time the majority of the work has been carried out and normally only minor changes are necessary.
- Invoicing and Payment Terms. Invoices for our services will normally be sent to a school's finance department, unless we are notifed otherwise.
In most cases our payment terms are set to "On Receipt" of our invoice. This applies to FixturesPRO, Team Sheet Builder and Sports Website customization.
Payment terms for other website design services will be agreed on a case-by-case basis.
- Invoicing and Annual Renewals. The FixturesPRO site license renews automatically every twelve months unless we receive
written notification of cancellation. (See cancellations below). The minimum term of the FixturesPRO license is 12 months. In the first year payment is due in full within the first 30 days of use and then during the sitpulated Billing Month (see below) in subsequent years.
An invoice for the annual currently published FixturesPRO license fee including any add-ons, such as Team Sheet Builder or maintenance of sports website customization, will be sent to the School's finance department,
unless notified otherwise during the Billing Month, with payment terms set to "On Receipt".
- Billing Month. The Billing Month is the month during which the FixturesPRO site license commenced and the month when annual renewals are due. The BIlling Month can be found in FixturesPRO control panel via the
School Settings > Billing menu option. If you need to change your Billing Month please contact us. Only the Main Sports User and account holder can see the billing information.
- Non-Payment Procedure. Regular demands for payment will be made if an initial or renewal invoice remains unpaid. If the FixturesPRO license has not been cancelled in writing
(see FixturesPRO cancellations below) and after a reasonable period of attempted recovery has lapsed, a FINAL DEMAND will be issued and sent to the school requesting payment within 28 days and
all sports user accounts will be frozen at this time. The FINAL DEMAND will be sent to the Principal or the Director of Finance and Cc'd to the Director of Sport. If we do not have a response within
the 28 day period from the date of issue of the FINAL DEMAND then the following can be expected:
1. The School's FixturesPRO license will be suspended.
2. All FixturesPRO Sports User Accounts will be disabled.
3. The Schools dedicated sports website, all sports content and data will be frozen and made unaccessible to the School.
4. Payment of the original invoice sent to the School will be due in full if the FixturesPRO license is in the first 12 months.
5. If the FixturesPRO license is in the 2nd or subsequent years then the original invoice will be voided and a "cancellation invoice" will be sent to the school for the period of service utilised. This
will be calculated based on the period from the 1st day of the Billing Month to the date of issue of the FINAL DEMAND plus 28 days.
6. If, after a further period of 28 days, either invoice (at 4 or 5) remains unpaid we will take legal representation to recover all costs.
- FixturesPRO Cancellations. Four weeks notification of cancellation is required in writing, either by email or Royal Mail, from a recognisable source at school.
If cancelling by email then send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation by telephone will not be accepted.
- FixturesPRO Refunds. No refunds will be made for cancellations.
- Domain Name Cancellations. Four weeks notification of cancellation is required in writing, either by email or Royal Mail, from a recognisable source at school.
If cancelling by email then send to email@example.com. Cancellation by telephone will not be accepted.
- Schools using FixturePRO and not SSL should acquire the appropriate parental permission and copyright permission
from the photographer to display images and the names of the pupils in any team or action photograph
submitted or uploaded to SSL by FixturesPRO users for inclusion on the sports websites.
- SSL does not arbitrate on incorrect entry of fixtures & results. The onus is on the integrity
of the user community to ensure the accuracy of all fixtures & results uploaded via or FixturesPRO. In the event that a result is incorrect then the person spotting the error should,
in the first instance, contact the school responsible for recording the incorrect result and request the change.
The telephone and email address details of schools can be found via "Find Your School".
- Recording losses as wins, deleting all fixtures that are losses and other attempts to climb the league
tables or misrepresent the facts may result in the closure of the offending school's or FixturesPRO account.
- Schools using FixturePRO and taking part in tournaments and competitions covered by SSL (such as the Daily Mail Cup
or Vase, Rosslyn Park and Fylde National Sevens, St Joseph's Festival etc etc) should note that tournament
fixtures and results might be validated by the organisers and cannot be deleted from fixture lists.
It is possible for Schools using FixturePRO to edit their individual tournament and competition fixtures and results,
in order to add points scorers and match reports etc. Schools using FixturePRO should not, however, adjust the match
type, alter the scores or attempt to record a loss as a win or reset a recorded result to 'tbc', as
this will alter the overall tournament or competition group and any knockout or league table.
- Schools responsible for arranging competition fixtures should always check with the competition organiser
to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- SSL undertakes to publish on the Internet, via its websites and content management systems, a school’s complete sports fixtures and
results listings. Schools using FixturePRO, in planning their fixtures, and providing SSL with any
related and additional information such as match dates, kick off times, venues, draws, results, player statistics,
match reports, action photos, or videos (including any fixture or draw that is part of a competition organised by
third parties or National Governing Bodies), give SSL their consent to include such information on any of SSL’s
websites that appear on the Internet and as early as possible prior to a fixture being played. If consent is
needed it is the responsibility of the school or sports
club to seek consent from competition organisers or third parties to reproduce or publish on the Internet fixture
lists and competition draws. SSL undertakes not to delete any valid fixture that is to be played, or has been played,
from a schools fixture listing (exception is a duplicated fixture – duplications can occasionally occur in error
and will normally be removed by admin). SSL also reserves the right to consolidate and group fixtures and results to
provide combined views using it’s own proprietary format, for the purposes of providing team leagues,
competition groupings and knock out stage/round results. This format will not necessarily replicate the format
used by competition organisers.
- SSL does not endorse any photogrpah, video or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and SSL expressly disclaims
any and all liability in connection with photographs and videos. SSL does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of
intellectual property rights on its websites or services, and SSL will remove all content, photographs and videos if properly notified
that such infringes on another's intellectual property rights. SSL also reserves the right to remove all content, photographs and videos without
- SSL reserves the right to decide whether a photograph or video is appropriate and complies with these Terms and Conditions
for violations other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscene or defamatory
material, or excessive length. SSL may remove such Videos and/or terminate a User's access for uploading such
material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice.
- SSL will terminate a User's access to its services if, under appropriate circumstances, they are determined to
be a repeat infringer.
- From time to time this website and associated websites may include links to other websites. These links
might provide additional information but are not intended to signify that SSL endorses such website and/or content.
SSL has no responsibility for the content of third party linked websites. It is your responsibility to check the terms
and conditions of any other websites you may visit.
- Schools using FixturesPRO may create links to SSL's websites from their website(s).
- Other Schools and other organisations may create links to SSL's websites from their website(s) once SSL has granted permission.